Getting to Know a Certain Englishman and His Wife


To find out how my husband earned the nickname of "A Certain Englishman" click here.


Six years ago I took this survey.  I thought it would be fun to post the questions and answers here.  
Most of these answers are still true.

♥ What are your middle names? 
Ruth and William 

♥ How long have you been together? 
October 1991 

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? 
6 weeks 

♥ Who asked who out?
I invited him over to carve a pumpkin with me. He counts that as a date, I don't.

♥ How old are each of you?
39/40 [now 45/46]

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Mine

♥ Do you have any children together?
Five

♥ What about pets?
Two bunnies [no longer]

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Apparently answering these survey questions. We aren't agreeing on some of the answers.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
We did our undergrad at the same school, all the rest have been different.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
No I grew up in Las Cruces, NM, and he grew up in Salt Lake City, UT

♥ Who is the smartest?
My husband, because he thinks I'm the smartest.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Probably Mimi's Cafe.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Kennebunkport, Maine.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Again, definitely me.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Neither of us, our kids do.

♥ Who is more social?
You guessed it, me.

♥Who is the neat Freak?
Sadly neither of us are. We both have a high tolerance for mess and clutter.

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
Again, me. Who wrote these questions? jeez!

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Allright, that's it I'm not answering these any more!

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
When I have to go to school me, if I don't have to go to school, him.

♥ Where was your first date?
If you want to go with that whole pumpkin thing, my apartment. If you want to count the one where he actually asked me, his apartment to watch Dead Poets Society.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
We're tied with 6 kids each. But his side has more nieces and nephews, but my side is catching up.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
I just got some today. No red and white ones because I hate Valentine's day. He's so romantic :) I used to get them all the time, but he and I both got bored with the concept.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Christmas, usually at home.
Thanksgiving, it's different every year. Disneyland, Grand Canyon, JB's buffet (once in Price Utah, once in Hurricane Utah), Chuck-A-Rama
Halloween, at home
Valentine's Day at home
4th of July at home
Labor Day at home

Why is it that the one holiday traditionally spent at home with family is the one holiday when we AREN'T at home?

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
About a month

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
It was me until I started school. Now it is all him. Except for the kids over the age of 12 of course.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
It used to be him, but now because of grad school it's me.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
99.7% of the time it's him. He can't stand to be in the car when I'm driving. Which is great because I can't stand driving.

Comments